Electrical fault sparks flat fire

Members of 72 Squadron flew over his care home as part of their centenary anniversary. Mr Nugent is one of just seven members of the squadron left who served during the Second World War

RAF squadron’s aerial tribute leaves Denmead veteran in tears

0
Have your say

A WASHING machine caused a fire in a block of flats.

Five fire engines – two from Cosham fire station and three from Southsea fire station – went to Crown Court, Crown Street, Landport.

The fire had broken out in a washing machine in an apartment on the first floor at 9.45am yesterday.

Cosham watch manager Kevin Lloyd Spencer said: ‘There was a small fire in the washing machine in the first-floor flat in Crown Court.

‘It was out on arrival, but because the fire is in a high-rise building we follow procedure and deploy more fire engines in case the fire was higher up.

‘We believe the fire was started due to an electrical fault.’

The area was checked for fire safety, no one was injured.

Back to the top of the page