Electricals to blame for severe kitchen fire in Lee-on-the-Solent

Sand dunes similar to those that Walter Menteth and his supporters want to see installed as part of 'soft' sea defences in Southsea

Seafront road may be removed in aid of coast defences

0
Have your say

AN ELECTRICAL fault led to a fire that ravaged a kitchen.

Two fire engines from Gosport were called out to put out the blaze in Lancaster Close, Lee-on-the-Solent.

The kitchen was well alight when firefighters arrived at about 2pm yesterday.

Firefighter Andy Marsh, from Gosport fire station, said: ‘It looks to have been caused by an electrical fault in the kitchen.

‘There were materials round the kitchen that helped to flame the fire.

‘There was a lodger in the house – the man got out 
okay and so did a dog and a rabbit.

‘We got there quickly and contained the fire to the kitchen. The kitchen was quite severely damaged.’

Firefighters were at the scene for about an hour.

Mr Marsh added: ‘They had a working alarm that alerted them to the fire.’