Events licence for Easter

The Highfield Campus at the University of Southampton, which is home to the George Thomas Building. Picture: Geograph

REGIONAL: University advertises chauffeur job days after announcing 75 redundancies

Have your say

ORGANISERS of public events this Easter should make sure they have the correct licence.

East Hampshire District Council has issued a warning that any events which include the sale of alcohol, music, dancing and late night refreshments must be authorised by a licence or a Temporary Event Notice.

Angela Howes, Principal Licensing Officer at the council, said it was vital to check the activities and hours required are covered by a licence.

If not, there is a simple procedure to obtain a Temporary Event Notice. However, at least 10 working days’ notice must be given.

The final date for giving notice for Easter festivities will be April 7. Forms are available from and cost £21. Applicants can call the licensing team on 01730 234389 for further advice.