Extractor causes fire in bathroom

An illustration of how the Sinah Lane development could look if a planning pplication is passed. Picture: Barratt Homes

Public forum to discuss plans for 162 homes on Hayling Island

0
Have your say

AN ELECTRICAL extractor fan in a bathroom caused a fire in Southsea.

Crews from Southsea Fire Station were called to the fire on the first floor of a house in Castle Road at 6.45pm yesterday.

Crew manager Steve Jolliffe said eight firefighters were sent to deal with the 
fire.

Mr Jolliffe said no-one was at home when the fire broke out.

He said: ‘It was a small extractor unit in the bathroom. It was completely destroyed.

‘There was fire damage to the rest of the bathroom and some smoke damage.’