Faulty light sparks Portsmouth house blaze

Fire crews were called to a house in Cuthbert Road, Portsmouth

Fire crews were called to a house in Cuthbert Road, Portsmouth

HAVE YOUR SAY: Would a ‘tourist tax’ work for Fareham?

0
Have your say

A faulty light fitting sparked a fire in a Portsmouth home early today.

Two crews from Southsea Fire Station were called to the blaze in Cuthbert Road shortly after midnight.

A Hampshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: ‘We attended a small fire in a loft area caused by a light fitting. Firefighters wore breathing apparatus sets and used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire. A total of eight firefighters and a senior manager attended.’

Back to the top of the page