Faulty socket causes alarm

Clipper Round the World Race crew member Simon Speirs who has died after being swept overboard during the round-the-world yacht race

Portsmouth legend Knox-Johnston leads tributes to sailor killed during Clipper race

0
Have your say

A RESIDENT called 999 after smelling burning in his flat.

Firefighters were called to the property in Northern Parade, Hilsea, Portsmouth, at 12.45am on Sunday.

But when crews from Cosham arrived they realised there was no fire.

It was detected that the smell had been caused by a faulty electrical socket.

The incident was left in the hands of the tenant, who was advised to contact his landlord.