THIS is the last week in which you can vote for your Gym of the Year.
In total, 18 gyms from across the area have made it through to the short-listed stage – but there are only a few days left to reward their achievement by voting for them.
The competition is the latest of our Readers’ Choice awards.
You can vote by post using the form below and by text, see panel for details.
Mark Waldron, editor of The News, said: ‘We had a great response to the nominations and so far we’ve had the same with the voting.
‘So whether you’re a regular gym goer or just have a favourite, make sure you cast your vote to make sure the one you like is in with a chance of winning.’
The short list is below and voting will take place throughout February.
The club with the most votes will win a News prize.
The closing date for votes to be cast is February 12.
This competition follows on from The News’ successful competitions last year which asked readers to name their favourite pubs in the area, along with cafes and small retailers.
GYM OF THE YEAR SHORTLIST
· 247 Fitness, Gunwharf Quays
· Back To Fitness, London Road, Waterlooville
· Ballys Boxing Gym, Milton Road,Portsmouth
· Cross Fit Southern Legion, Ackworth Road, Hilsea
· Curves, London Road, Portsmouth
· David Lloyd, Port Solent
· Everyone Active/Fareham Leisure Centre, Park Lane, Fareham
· Fratton Community Centre, Clive Road, Portsmouth
· Gosport Workout, Forton Road, Gosport
· John Pounds, Queen Street, Portsea
· Meadowside Leisure Centre, Whiteley Way, Fareham
· Nma Performance, Wickham Road, Fareham
· Pyramids, Clarence Esplanade, Southsea
· Roko, Copnor Road, Portsmouth
· Spirit Club Holiday Inn, Segensworth, Fareham
· Team Extreme Fitness, Sanderson Centre, Lees Lane, Gosport
· The Avenue Lawn Tennis, Squash & Fitness Club, Southleigh Road, Havant
· The Box Portsmouth/Cross Fit Portsea Island, Commercial Road, Portsmouth
VOTE BY TEXT
You can vote by text. Simply send a text message starting with pen gym, the name of the gym you are voting for as listed on this page plus your name, house number (or house name) and postcode to 61500.
The total message must not exceed 155 characters. All text messages cost £1 plus standard network charge. The closing date for entries is midnight on February 12, 2014. Messages received after the closing date will not be counted but may still be charged.
Example of message: pen gym the gym john smith 1 ab1 23cd
By supplying your telephone number you are happy to receive sms/mms messages from Johnston Press and its approved business partners. Johnston Press (or via its agents) and its business partners may contact you about new promotions, products and services. Please add the word exit at the end of your message if you do not wish to receive these.
For quality and training purposes we may monitor communications. Service provider: Velti Dr Ltd se1 8nd – 020 7633 5000. Ref: Pen1403meaax