Fire at Gosport home caused by charger

The hustings at Portsmouth College - from left:  David Carpenter (college governor), Gerald Vernon-Jackson (Lib Dems), Ian McCulloch (Green), Steve Fitzgerald (college teacher and chair), Stephen Morgan (Labour), Kevan Chippindall-Higgin (Ukip) and Penny Mordaunt (Cons)   Picture: Heather Eggelton

Parliamentary candidates grilled by students at Portsmouth College debate

0
Have your say

THE battery charger for a drill caused a fire when it was left on for days.

The blaze broke out in the garage of a home in The Avenue, Gosport, at 2pm.

The owners of the property spotted smoke and called firefighters who managed to put the blaze out quickly after it caught a nearby rubbish bag.

Watch manager Glenn Stone said: ‘If you are going to put something on charge make sure you check regularly until it is charged.

‘Never just leave it.’

Back to the top of the page