Fire causes gas leak in Fareham residential street

HMS Queen Elizabeth

WATCH: HMS Queen Elizabeth's entry into Portsmouth Harbour - in 24 seconds!

0
Have your say

A GAS metre box caught fire causing gas to leak into a street.

Crews from Fareham fire station were sent to the box in Gudge Heath Lane at about 7pm last night.

A fault in the electricity line started the fire which led to a gas leak in the main line.

The gas flowing from the leak then also caught fire.

It was quickly put out and the gas company was called to make sure it was safe.