Fire crews called to microwave fire and false alarm

Police have closed a section of the M3

REGIONAL: Stretch of M3 closed after spillage

0
Have your say

FIRE crews were called out when a fire started in a microwave in Horndean.

The crew from Waterlooville fire station went to incident in a kitchen at a property in Bourne Close at 12.35pm yesterday.

The firefighters put out the fire by 1pm and ventilated the property.

Separately, the crew from Portchester fire station were called out to attend to a domestic fire alarm at 5.20am yesterday.

The incident, in Hill View Road, Portchester, turned out to be a false alarm caused by a fault on the alarm system.