Fire crews called to Portsmouth flat

Canoe Lake

Picture: Shaun Roster

Robbers target man on a bike at Canoe Lake

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS responded to an emergency call from a block of flats after a chip-pan fire in Portsmouth yesterday.

The small blaze broke out on the fifth floor of Westminster Place in Turner Road, Buckland. Crews from Portchester, Southsea and Cosham were sent out at 10.30am.

When they arrived they discovered that the incident was relatively minor, as the occupants had been able to isolate the fire.

An unattended pan of oil had caught light, filling the kitchen of the flat with smoke.

But the situation was quickly controlled, and the fire put out with one extinguisher.

A fan was used to clear the property of smoke and no-one was injured.