Fire crews help Southsea pensioner

James Taylor at his desk in his office at 116 High Street, Old Portsmouth.

Those halcyon days when pen and paper just worked!

0
Have your say

OVERHEATING a bed warmer caused a bedroom to fill up with smoke.

Two fire crews from Southsea were called to a house in Culver Road, Southsea, just before 10pm last night.

An 87-year-old man had put a beanbag bed warmer in the microwave for too long.

It started smouldering and giving off acrid smoke.

Paramedics, who were also called, treated him for smoke inhalation before taking him to Queen Alexandra Hospital, Cosham as a precaution.

Watch manager Ian Jeffery warned residents to follow the instructions on reheatable bed warmers.