Fire crews in Fareham put out toilet fan blaze and save girl from fence

Haverhill's Family Christmas Night (as pictured from last year) takes place on Friday, December 1. Picture by Andy Mayes.

Haverhill festive weekend has plenty for all of the family

0
Have your say

A SAILING club had to be evacuated after a fire started in the loft space above its toilets.

An electrical fire, started by an extractor fan, began in the ceiling of the toilets at Warsash Sailing Club, in Shore House, Shore Road, Warsash yesterday.

Fire crews from Hightown and Fareham attended the incident, at 12.35pm. They put out the fire by 1pm.

Firefighters from Fareham were then sent at 1.40pm to rescue a four-year-old girl who had got her knee trapped in a wooden fence in Church Path. They freed her within minutes.