Fire forces family to leave Portchester home

Firefighters tackled a kitchen blaze in Portchester
Firefighters tackled a kitchen blaze in Portchester

CCTV released after woman’s bag is stolen

0
Have your say

A Portchester family have been left homeless after a fire caused smoke damage to their home.

The blaze started last night at 9.30pm when food that was cooking caught fire.

Retained firefighters from Portchester were called to tackle the kitchen fire, which caused considerable smoke damage to the first-floor maisonette in White Hart Lane.

The crew had the incident under control quickly and returned to the station 10.30pm.

Howver fire crew issued a warning to others to check their smoke alarms.

A tweet from the station said: ‘A family unable to spend Christmas in their own home & all because the smoke alarm in their home never had a battery. #PUSHTHEBUTTON’

*Were you the family involved in the fire? If so please call newsdesk on (023) 9262 2118.