Fire in a microwave at Waterlooville school

LETTER OF THE DAY: Cyber fraud - your views are wanted

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to tackle a small fire in a school.

Two fire engines went to The Waterloo School, in Warfield Avenue, Waterlooville, at about 9.10am today.

A fire had started in a microwave.

A spokeswoman for Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service said: ‘There was a small fire in a microwave, but it was out on arrival. We were not required as such.’

The crew, from Waterlooville Fire Station, gave safety advice to school staff.