More than 20 firefighters were called to tackle a ‘small’ fire in a Portsmouth tower block.
The fire broke out in the kitchen of a flat on the 15th floor of the 17-storey Horatio House in Meriden Road, Southsea, shortly after 8pm yesterday.
It was believed to have started when a chip pan overheated.
A spokeswoman for Hampshire Fire and Rescue said firefighters from Southsea, Cosham and Portchester were called to deal with ‘the small kitchen fire’. She said no-one was injured.
They were joined by the turntable ladder from Southsea and the special equipment fire engine from Cosham as a precaution.
Six firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the building and put out the fire. They were there for an hour.