Fire in Portsmouth tower block

Here is your weather for today.

Today’s weather: cloudy but dry

0
Have your say

More than 20 firefighters were called to tackle a ‘small’ fire in a Portsmouth tower block.

The fire broke out in the kitchen of a flat on the 15th floor of the 17-storey Horatio House in Meriden Road, Southsea, shortly after 8pm yesterday.

It was believed to have started when a chip pan overheated.

A spokeswoman for Hampshire Fire and Rescue said firefighters from Southsea, Cosham and Portchester were called to deal with ‘the small kitchen fire’. She said no-one was injured.

They were joined by the turntable ladder from Southsea and the special equipment fire engine from Cosham as a precaution.

Six firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the building and put out the fire. They were there for an hour.