Fire knocks out power to Gosport flats

Elaine Dorey outside court

Accused driver in fatal Fareham motorcyclist crash ‘thought car was going to catch fire’

0
Have your say

A FIRE in a bin shed knocked out the power supply to a nearby block of flats this morning.

Firefighters were called to Archer House, in The Redan, Gosport, at around 3.30am.

A blaze had broken out in a bin and storage shed outside the block of flats.

Two units from Gosport fire station attended along with one crew from Fareham fire station.

The fire destroyed a power supply which was housed inside the bin shed, taking out the electricity supply for around 13 flats nearby.

The front door and window of a nearby flat was also damaged in the blaze.

Firefighters contacted Gosport Borough Council’s emergency planning department to arrange help for the neighbours affected.

The fire crews left the scene just before 7am.

An investigation will take place to determined what started the fire.