Fire starts after cooking left on hob

LETTER OF THE DAY: Cyber fraud - your views are wanted

0
Have your say

A KITCHEN fire was started after a man fell asleep leaving his cooking on the hob in the early hours of this morning.

Neighbours raised the alarm after they heard a smoke alarm going off.

Two crews from Southsea fire station were called to Shaftsbury Road, Southsea, at 3.30am.

Crew manager Matt Turnvull said: ‘A man had gone to sleep and left some cooking on the hob.

‘His neighbours were woken up by his smoke alarm and called us.

‘We got into the property and put the fire out. There was a small amount of smoke damage.’

Paramedics assessed the man.

No one was injured.