Fire starts in kitchen

Local authorities have been stepping up the bid to prevent the illegal dumping of waste

LETTER OF THE DAY: The fly-tipping blight

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a kitchen fire.

A crew from Havant and one from Waterlooville were sent to Lavender Road in Waterlooville after some cooking on a hob caught fire at 5.40pm yesterday.

The house suffered some smoke damage but the fire was out by the time the firefighters arrived.

They used a fan to clear the smoke and were back at the fire station by 6.20pm.