Fire starts in kitchen in Portchester

Councillor Simon Bosher asks Steve Flynn, traffic network engineer questions about the centre

New Portsmouth traffic centre aims to free up city’s roads

Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a kitchen fire in a house.

The crew from Portchester were called to the incident in Assheton Court, off Castle Street, in Portchester on Saturday morning.

They used buckets of water to put out the cooker fire and used a fan to clear the house of smoke.

No-one was injured in the blaze which was put out quickly by the attending firefighters.