Fire tackled

The fire-ravaged flat in Kent Road, Southsea, in which the pensioner died
(C4981-1)

Squalor: Mrs Perry and her five children  the youngest of whom was only five  spent their days and nights in the front half of their lounge (C4981-1)

Cats: Thanks to the kindness of Caroline and the charities which came to their rescue, a family of stray cats was saved from starvation (B4853-1) 

Flood: The pipe was plugged by Portsmouth Water Company workers after 30 minutes (B4928-1)

THIS WEEK IN 1989: Recluse killed in Southsea blaze

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called after a cigarette sparked a fire in Leigh Park.

The discarded cigarette set fire to a patch of grass in Stockheath Lane at 10.50am yesterday.

The crew put the small fire out with a bucket of water.

Back to the top of the page