Fire takes hold in chimney

The fire near Kentidge Way, Waterlooville, yesterday. Picture: Craig Handy

Suspected arson incident in Waterlooville causes £50,000 of damage

0
Have your say

A BUCKET of water was all it took for firefighters to put out a chimney blaze.

A crew from Fareham fire station was called out at to the fire, which had taken hold in a chimney, at around 9.10am on Monday.

No one was injured in the incident in Woodcote Lane, Peel Common, Gosport.

Firefighters swiftly put out the blaze but reminded people of the importance of sweeping their chimneys regularly and of using fire guards.