Firefighters called to candle and oven fat fires

Clipper Round the World Race crew member Simon Speirs who has died after being swept overboard during the round-the-world yacht race

Portsmouth legend Knox-Johnston leads tributes to sailor killed during Clipper race

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS tackled two house fires in Buckland.

Southsea crews were first sent out at 1pm on Saturday after bedroom curtains in Nelson Road caught light because a candle was burning too close to them.

The fire spread and caused ‘moderate damage’ to the room, but no-one was hurt.

Then a couple of hours later, Southsea firefighters were sent to Malthouse Road. A kitchen oven caught fire because of burning fat in a tray from a lamb joint.

A hose was used to put out the fire.