Firefighters called to help Portsmouth girl who got finger stuck in school chair

James Taylor at his desk in his office at 116 High Street, Old Portsmouth.

Those halcyon days when pen and paper just worked!

0
Have your say

AN 11-year-old girl got her finger stuck in a chair at school.

The year 7 pupil at City of Portsmouth Girls’ School, in St Mary’s Road, Fratton, managed to wedge her finger into the bracket of a chair.

One crew from Southsea fire station was called to the school at about 2pm yesterday.

Crew manager Jamie Wren said: ‘The 11-year-old girl had got her finger stuck in a chair bracket that allows the chairs to be connected.

‘Staff had tried to reduce the swelling with ice and used margarine to get it out.

‘But when that didn’t work they called us.

‘We thought we would have to cut the chair, but we prised it out.’