Firefighters rush to Southsea blaze

Firefighters tackling the blaze in Bramble Road, Southsea.
Firefighters tackling the blaze in Bramble Road, Southsea.
The Highfield Campus at the University of Southampton, which is home to the George Thomas Building. Picture: Geograph

REGIONAL: University advertises chauffeur job days after announcing 75 redundancies

A boiler has caught fire at a home in Southsea.

Two tenders from Southsea went this evening to a house at the junction of Talbot Road and Bramble Road.

Firefighters were called at 11.44pm to the fire, which was contained to the boiler in the house, causing smoke damage.

Watch manager Jason Boh said two breathing apparatus were used to tackle the fire.

'We were called to a domestic fire and upon arrival we established that the fire was in the boiler on the ground floor of the property,' he said.

'We utilised two breathing apparatus with a hose reel and extinguished the fire quite quickly.'