Firefighters warn of cooking dangers after kitchen blaze in Havant

Local authorities have been stepping up the bid to prevent the illegal dumping of waste

LETTER OF THE DAY: The fly-tipping blight

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS called to a kitchen fire are warning residents of the dangers of leaving cooking unattended.

The blaze in Hursley Road, Leigh Park, was already extinguished by the time the crew arrived at the property at around 1.45pm on Saturday.

Firefighters ventilated the property before handing residents over to the ambulance service.

The residents were briefly examined after they inhaled smoke from the fire. Havant Fire Station has warned residents to be mindful of the fire risks caused by leaving cooking unattended.