Fires caused by cigarettes

United Services vs Sarisbury II at United Services Cricket Ground, Burnaby Road

Bid launched to bring Hampshire Cricket matches back to Portsmouth

0
Have your say

SOUTHSEA firefighters were called out twice to tackle flames started by cigarettes not being put out properly.

The first call came just after 1.30pm yesterday to Cumberland Road, Southsea.

A fire had started in a plant pot when a used cigarette, which had not been put out properly, had been discarded with older cigarette ends.

The second call came just after 3pm to Cavendish Road, Southsea.

This time a cigarette end had been left in a window box on the third floor of a block of flats.

No one was injured.