Flames licking out of Leigh Park home’s chimney

Here is your weather for today.

Today’s weather: cloudy but dry

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a fire in the hearth after a passer-by saw flames coming out of the chimney.

When the fire crew arrived at the home at 11pm on Monday, the occupants were trying to extinguish the fire themselves.

The crew, from Havant station, evacuated the property on Middle Park Way, Leigh Park, and extinguished the blaze.

Firefighters are urging home owners to have their chimneys regularly cleaned.