Food fumes sound alarms in Fareham

Letter of the day

0
Have your say

FUMES from cooking caused two smoke alarms to go off in two separate buildings.

Firemen from Fareham fire station were called to sheltered accommodation in Middle Road, Locks Heath.

One crew was called to Raglan Court at 5.30pm yesterday.

Firemen checked the building to ensure it was safe.

Later on, one crew was called to Goodall Court, in Queen’s Road, Fareham.

The call came at 8pm after an automatic fire alarm had alerted them.

Crews attended after fumes from an oven had caused the alarm to sound.

No one was injured.