Food sets off smoke alarm

CCTV released after woman’s bag is stolen

0
Have your say

FOOD cooking on a stove sparked an alert at a flat.

Two appliances from Southsea fire station were called to Herbert Road, in Southsea, on Sunday morning.

A smoke alarm had gone off after the food started to smoke in the flat.

It happened at around 1.30am yesterday.

When the crews arrived they found a man still asleep as the alarm was sounding.

No-one was injured and no fire had started in the early-morning incident.