Food sparks blaze in flat

Emergency services at the scene
Emergency services at the scene

GALLERY: More of your pictures of today’s weird weather

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a fire in a seventh-floor flat in Southsea last night.

A crew from Southsea went to Horatia House in Meriden Road after a 999 call was made at 7.48pm. The householder had gone out and left food in the oven, which sparked the small blaze that the firefighters quickly put out.

The crew also tackled a small fire at the Contented Pig in Fratton Road at 7.10pm.