Four taken to hospital after fire

Emergency services in Chichester Road
Emergency services in Chichester Road
Unite the trade union holding a universal credit protest on the doorstep of Portsmouth North MP Penny Mordaunt's constituency office on November 10. Picture: Habibur Rahman

Universal Credit claimants set to lose out over Christmas

Have your say

FOUR people have been taken to hospital after a house fire.

The blaze started in Chichester Road, Portsmouth, at about 8.40pm tonight.

It started in a back sitting room and there were two people, including an 85-year-old man, inside at the time.

Two people passing by entered the house and helped the occupants to safety, before all four of them were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.

The road was closed off but has now reopened.