Garage fire

Eastney Beach and Southsea esplanade

Pair of Portsmouth beaches hailed ‘excellent’ by inspectors

0
Have your say

A WASHING machine and tumble dryer were destroyed in a blaze in a garage.

Firefighters from Havant station were called at 11pm on Sunday after the owner of the garage, in Barncroft Way, Leigh Park, noticed the blaze.

When the crew arrived they found a small fire but it had already badly damaged the washing machine, tumble dryer and the work top above it.

The crew were there for an hour putting out the blaze and damping down.

It is not known how the fire started.