Gas leak alert at nursery

David Sanderson

Decorated police officer fined for assault after ‘head-butting’ woman

0
Have your say

CHILDREN and staff were evacuated from a nursery after a suspected gas leak.

Two fire engines were called to Poppins Early Learning in Main Road, Southbourne, after staff said they could smell gas at about 5.45pm on Thursday.

Firefighters from Emsworth and East Wittering used fans to ventilate the building.

Kim Chapman, acting deputy manager at the nursery, said: ‘We took the appropriate precautions we needed to take.

‘We smelt gas and the fire service said they could smell gas.

‘The gas people came out and said they could not find a leak. All the children were fine.’

Richard Lewis, who owns Poppins Early Learning, praised the quick response of the firefighters and the gas board.

He said: ‘They were great.

‘It was absolutely 10 out of 10.’

Back to the top of the page