Girl, 11, suffers burns after game with ‘hairspray can and lighter’ during Havant sleepover

editorial image
What do you do if you suspect your neighbours of smoking cannabis?

What you can do if you suspect your neighbours of smoking cannabis

0
Have your say

A GIRL suffered burns to her legs after playing with a tin of hairspray and a lighter during a sleepover.

The 11-year-old was messing about with her friend in the bedroom of a house in Plaitford Grove, Havant, at 9.40pm last night when the bed caught fire.

The girl’s father woke up and rang 999 before throwing a bucket of water onto the mattress.

He then led them both to safety outside before waiting for firefighters to arrive.

The 11-year-old suffered burns to her legs which needed treatment by paramedics at the scene.