Gosport firefighters warn of the dangers of barbecues

HMS Queen Elizabeth arrives in Portsmouth            Picture: PA

RICK JACKSON: The patriotism inspired by HMS Queen Elizabeth is wonderful

0
Have your say

HOMEOWNERS enjoying barbecues in the sunshine are being warned not to leave them unattended.

Firefighters from Gosport fire station were called to a house in Lidden Court after a barbecue left unattended started a fire.

It happened at 7.40pm on Saturday.

A spokesman for the station said the homeowners had gone out and had not doused the coals.

He urged barbecue users not to leave them unattended.