Grease causes fire in a Stubbington chip shop

Cladding being taken off Horatia House in Somers Town Portsmouth

PICTURED: Residents react as work starts to remove cladding from two Somers Town high rises due to fire risks after Grenfell Tower blaze

0
Have your say

BUILT-UP cooking oil and grease caused a small fire in a chip shop.

Two crews from Fareham fire station were called to Stubbington Fish and Chips, in Stubbington Green.

The call came in at 6.30pm yesterday.

Firefighters arrived to find the main fryer had been on fire, however the flame was out when they got there.

Safety advice was given to staff at the shop, and the area was checked over.

Firefighters left around 30 minutes later.

Back to the top of the page