Check with council to prevent poisoning

The number of treatments available on prescriptions may be reduced as the NHS looks to save money

Prescription changes will affect low income families say Portsmouth group

0
Have your say

CHECK your home for carbon monoxide or risk falling ill.

That’s the message from Hampshire County Council, which as part of a national campaign is urging residents to check appliances to guard against fatalities and ill health due to poisoning.

Carbon monoxide is colourless, tasteless and odourless and causes symptoms similar to flu or food poisoning.

Council leader Cllr Roy Perry urged gas consumers to ensure their appliances are properly fitted and regularly serviced by Gas Safe registered engineers and to check the council’s Buy with Confidence list for reputable engineers at buywithconfidence.gov.uk

Back to the top of the page