NURSING specialists will be holding presentations to give people advice and information on different aspects of healthcare.
On Wednesday nurses will be in the atrium of Queen Alexandra Hospital, Cosham, from 9am to 4pm.
The event is being held to celebrate nursing care,
Matron Colin Beevor said: ‘We are proud that so many of our staff want to celebrate the diversity of our jobs.
‘A lot has changed in the past decade, and we want to raise awareness of this.’
The following subjects will be presented at the times listed:
· 9am to 10am: Colorectal nurse specialist and Parkinson’s disease nurse specialist.
· 10am to 11am: Lung cancer nurse specialist, Parkinson’s disease nurse specialist, Macmillan cancer and falls clinic nurse specialist
· 11am to noon: Organ donation, breast care and infection prevention and control.
· Noon to 1pm: Vascular nurse specialist and multiple sclerosis.
· 1pm to 2pm: British Heart Foundation Heart failure nurse specialist and pre-dialysis nurse specialist.
· 2pm to 3pm: Clinical nurse specialist and prosthetic regional rehabilitation service.
· 3pm to 4pm: Lung cancer nurse specialist, respiratory nurse, dermatology and acute pain clinical nurse specialist.
Alongside presentations, staff will also be going around wards to ask patients about their experiences of nursing care.
There will also be activities throughout the day, including a quiz on past and present nursing equipment; a children’s colouring competition; and a children’s book giveaway.