WE WANT to give our readers more time to nominate their healthcare heroes.
In May, we launched the Best of Health Awards 2013, the deadline has now been extended to Friday, July 12.
All you have to do is share your inspiring stories and experiences, there are 12 categories, which cover all sectors of the health service.
Below is a brief outline of each one:
· Hospital Doctor of the Year – consultant or surgeon who works in a local hospital.
· Hospital Nurse of the Year – local nurse based in a hospital.
· Hospital Team of the Year – medical team based in a hospital.
· GP Practice of the year – individual doctor, or practice that delivers excellent care.
· Mental Health Worker/Team of the Year – a community team or individual who excel in providing care and support to mental health patients.
· Community Nurse/Team of the Year – those who go out to homes and centres to help others.
· Unsung Hero – those who support the health service, but may not be medical professionals or employed by a healthcare service.
· Carer of the Year – nursing or care home staff.
· Pharmacy of the Year – those who go above and beyond their duty of dispensing medicine.
· Dental Practice of the Year – dentists who go the extra mile to deliver excellent patient care.
· Ambulance Worker of the Year – paramedics who may have helped to save a life, with patient transport, or who give advice to the community. It covers the spectrum of ambulance work.
· Midwife of the Year – midwives who support families before, during, and after the birth.
To make a nomination for one of the categories above, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The awards night is on Friday, October 25, at Portsmouth Guildhall.
PEOPLE who have used our online nomination form, are being asked to contact The News.
We have experienced some problems with our online form.
Can those people who used the form contact Priya Mistry, to double check the information has come through. We will confirm if the nomination has been received. If it has, we will let you know. If not, people will have the option of resending their nomination, either by post, or by email.
To ensure your nomination has come through, email email@example.com or call (023) 9262 2130.