LITTLE Oliver Field had to be taken to hospital after he choked on a plastic tube found in his baby food.
His mum Samantha, 25, of Copnor, said she was shocked and scared when the seven-month-old started choking.
She had bought Boots own-brand baby food from the Commercial Road store.
She said: ‘I started feeding him then all of a sudden he started choking.
‘It was really frightening.
‘He started going blue and floppy and I was scared.
‘I had my three-year-old in the room too and he saw it all and was scared.
‘I managed to get the tube out and then called 999.
‘Paramedics checked him over and we went to Queen Alexandra Hospital in the ambulance.
‘Doctors checked him over and said he’ll be fine, but he had a scratched throat.
‘I was disgusted the tube was in there and now I’m worried it could be in other jars of food.’
But Samantha was left stunned when it appeared staff at the store did not take her complaint seriously.
‘I spoke to staff at Boots and they didn’t seem too bothered,’ she said.
‘Their head office offered me £75 vouchers and also a trip to the theatre to see Fireman Sam, but it’s not about that.
‘I want to know if they’re going to recall the food as it could hurt another baby.’
A spokesman for Boots said: ‘We’d like to take this opportunity to apologise to our customer for what must have been a very frightening experience.
‘We take this type of issue very seriously, and the first thing we do is immediately check that there have been no other reported incidents with the product.
‘We also alert our supplier so they can also check the batch and the supply chain for any problems.
‘In this case our investigations are showing this was an isolated incident and so we haven’t recalled the line.’
‘We will continue to carefully investigate the issue.’