A HEDGE caught fire after a bonfire got out of control.
Firefighters from Fareham fire station were sent to a house in Oak Road, Fareham, after a small bonfire got out of hand.
The fire spread to a nearby hedge.
A spokesman from Fareham fire station said: ‘We were sent to a small bonfire that got out of control in a garden.
‘The fire was put out quite quickly and nobody was hurt.’
Hampshire Fire and Rescue is giving safety advice ahead of Bonfire Night, on November 5.
- building a bonfire away from trees, buildings and fences.
- only burning dry material.
- never using petrol or paraffin on a fire.
- never leaving a fire unattended.
- avoid having a bonfire on a windy day.
For more information visit hantsfire.gov.uk