Hill Head fire starts after food in oven catches light

Gosport High Street.
Picture Ian Hargreaves (171552-1) PPP-170211-170421006

PSPO comes into effect in Gosport

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a home after a fire began in an oven.

Crews from Fareham and Gosport fire stations were sent to Sanross Close in Hill Head after the alarm was raised by the homeowners at about 5.15pm yesterday.

One firefighter in breathing apparatus with a hosereel jet was sent into the property where he was able to tackle the blaze in the kitchen.

The small fire was put out within a matter of minutes and the burnt food was taken outside.

It is believed to have been the Sunday dinner.

It is not known why the fire started.

No-one was hurt and the fire was contained in the kitchen without spreading to the rest of the home.

The crews cleared the home of smoke using a fan before the residents were able to return inside.