House fire in Fareham

The fire-hit house

The fire-hit house

Harriet Lee, 16

St John’s College, Southsea, GCSE art exhibition

2
Have your say

A MAN received treatment for smoke inhalation after a house fire.

Firefighters were called to a terraced house in Hartlands Road, Fareham, after a blaze started in an upstairs bedroom.

Two fire engines from Fareham fire station went to tackle the blaze at about 12.20am.

The 66-year-old man living at the property had managed to get out safely, but was suffering from smoke inhalation and was taken to Queen Alexandra Hospital in Cosham for treatment.

The fire started accidentally in the bedroom.

Ian Cambridge, watch manager at Fareham fire station, said: ‘He did not have a working smoke alarm and he was lucky to get out alive.’

Firefighters left the scene at about 2am.

Back to the top of the page