THE date of next year’s Isle of Wight Festival in 2012 has been moved to avoid a clash with the Diamond Jubilee and half term holidays.
The three-day event in Newport will now move to June 22 to 24.
Promoter John Giddings said the dates had been moved ‘for one year only’ following advice from Solent ferry companies.
The new dates are traditionally occupied by the Glastonbury Festival which is taking a year off in 2012.
The festival has usually been held around the second weekend in June.
Mr Giddings said: “We have been advised by the ferry companies that to run the same week as half-term and the jubilee would be problematic for our audience and production arrangements.
‘We have therefore taken the executive decision to move, for one year only, to June 22, 23 and 24, to ensure a smooth journey for everyone and to get everybody on and off the Island.’ Next year the campsite will be expanded to create more room and changes will be made to the main arena and Strawberry Fields, to create a better view and sound.