Joists catch fire at Portsmouth home

Children at at Newtown C of E Primary School in Gosport dress up as their favourite nursery rhyme characters          (171220-10)

Children dress up as their favourite nursery rhyme characters

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called out after heat from an open fire caused wooden joists under the floor of a house to smoulder.

The accident in Paulsgrove Road, North End, Portsmouth, happened at 8.30pm last night.

Crew manager Steve Jolliffe said: ‘The fire started because the flooring was made of plaster board rather than thick stone or a concrete construction.’