Joists catch fire at Portsmouth home

Police are appealing for information after Amira Powell, 12, went missing from her homein Fratton  at 4.30pm on Saturday, February 25.

Police launch appeal to find missing Fratton 12-year-old

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called out after heat from an open fire caused wooden joists under the floor of a house to smoulder.

The accident in Paulsgrove Road, North End, Portsmouth, happened at 8.30pm last night.

Crew manager Steve Jolliffe said: ‘The fire started because the flooring was made of plaster board rather than thick stone or a concrete construction.’

Back to the top of the page