Keep it safe!

Man jailed for assault after spitting at a police officer

0
Have your say

BARBECUE safety was top of the agenda at a cooking demonstration by firefighters.

Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service has been giving advice following recent incidents where barbecues have got out of control.

Leaflets were handed out to the 200 people who attended the event in the car park of Homebase in Bedhampton.

Crew manager Joe Forrest said: ‘After a few incidents recently involving barbecues, we thought we would remind people about safety issues so they can enjoy themselves properly.

‘People should not get rid of disposable barbecues in a plastic wheelie bin.

‘Make sure your disposable barbecue is not on a wooden table and not left unattended.

‘They should not use accelerants like petrol.’

The next demonstrations are being held at the following days and places from 10am to 3pm.

n Saturday, August 11 – B&Q, Purbrook Way, Purbrook.

n Saturday, August 25 – Asda, Havant.