Leigh Park flats suffer water damage when pipe bursts in fire

Michelle Bates, WO2 Lloyd Gillingham, Noah, six, and Gunner Ryan Hancock
Pictures: Habibur Rahman

PICTURES: Portsmouth shows its support with celebrations on Armed Forces Day

0
Have your say

THREE flats were damaged after a tumble dryer caught fire.

Firefighters were called to Tyler House in Bishopstoke Road, Leigh Park, at about 8pm on Friday. A fire caught hold of a tumble dryer in a first-floor flat of the three-storey block.

Two flats on the ground floor suffered water damage from a burst pipe.

The fire was quickly put out but firefighters, from Havant, spent more than two hours trying to contain the leak.

Watch manager Martin Elliott, said: ‘We were trying to clean up the water damage. It had also affected the electrics.’

Back to the top of the page