A LIFETIME dedicated to her salons has earned Lisa Edwards a nomination in our Hair and Beauty Awards.
The 46-year-old, from Southsea, is well-known in the area and will now join dozens of nominees at the Guildhall in Portsmouth on, June 15 for the Hair and Beauty Awards.
The change in venue from the Hilton comes after a huge demand for tickets for the night, which will be presented by TV star Amy Childs.
Lisa is a deserved nominee of the lifetime achievement award, with eight salons bearing her name over the door – something which she is very proud of.
She currently owns Lisa Edwards salons in Fareham, Southampton, Chichester, Petersfield and Reading. She also owns Edwards for Men barber shops in Southsea, Chichester and Eastleigh.
But there’s no stopping her ambition as she continues to search for ways to expand.
Lisa said: ‘I’ve not stopped yet and there’s so much on the cards for this year which I can’t really talk about yet.’
Lisa has been a hairdresser since she was 15 years old and she opened her first salon in Fareham in 1996 – a salon which she affectionately refers to as ‘my baby’.
Although she said: ‘It’s not just about the team at Fareham, it’s about all the salons. It’s teamwork that makes success possible.’
Lisa employs 85 permanent staff and scores of self-employed workers.
She even runs her own awards ceremony to recognise good practice and talent within her salons.
Last year, Lisa went to The News Hair and Beauty Awards as her stylist Steve was up for best female stylist.
You can still nominate your favourite salon or stylist by using the form, below. Once nominated the salon or stylist will be sent an official entry form which must be returned by Saturday, May 4.
The short list is announced on May 10. For more, email firstname.lastname@example.org
· Junior Stylist of the Year (includes stylists with less than two years experience).
· Colour Technician of the Year (minimum two years salon experience)
· Gents’/Barber of the Year (minimum two years salon or barber shop experience)
· Female Stylist of the Year (minimum two years salon experience)
· Best Bridal/Special Occasion (hair up/extensions/hair art)
· Hair Salon of the Year (trading more than 18 months)
· Best Start-up Salon of the Year (hair or beauty trading 18 months or less)
· Beauty Therapist of the Year (beauticians/male & female grooming/tanning etc)
· Nail Technician of the Year (manicures/pedicures/nail art/gel/acrylics etc)
· Cosmetic Therapist of the Year (make up/semi-permanent/skin peels/advanced treatments/laser etc)
· Beauty Salon of the Year (trading more than 18 months)
· Training Centre Excellence Award (hair or beauty - open to colleges/salons/individuals)
· Special Achievement (an individual or team who has risen to a challenge or overcome adversity).
· Lifetime Achievement Award (special award for someone who has dedicated their life to their profession and encouraged and inspired others along the way).
NOMINATE BY TEXT
Simply send a text message starting with pen hair, the nominee’s name, salon and category plus your name, house number (or house name) and postcode to 61500. The total message must not exceed 155 characters. All text messages cost £1 plus standard network charge. The closing date for nominations is midnight on May 5, 2013. Messages received after the closing date will not be counted but may still be charged. Example of message: pen hair emma at my salon hairdresser joan smith 1 ab1 23cd
By supplying your telephone number you are happy to receive SMS/MMS messages from Johnston Press and its approved business partners. Johnston Press (or via its agents) and its business partners may contact you about new promotions, products and services. Please add the word EXIT at the end of your message if you do not wish to receive these. For quality and training purposes we may monitor communications. Service Provider: Velti DR Ltd SE1 8ND - 020 7633 5000. Ref: PEN1307MEAA