A house in Portsmouth has been hit by lightning.
The bolt knocked bricks out of the chimney of the property in Aberdare Avenue, Drayton. The family inside the house were shaken but not hurt.
Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service said it had been called to the strike at 9.20am.
Two applicances from nearby Cosham station had been sent to the incident.
Crew manager Ryan Matthews said: ‘The family were quite lucky. The lightning struck at the back of the building on a chimney which has some bricks missing.
‘In terms of lightning strikes, they have got off very luckily. We used a thermal imaging camera to check the loft space because a of a burning smell but we found nothing.’
The drama happened as heavy downpours fell on Portsmouth after days of glorious sunshine.